Aye aye aye! This has been a day! Actually yesterday was a day since it is well past midnight. I can't sleep after I had an actual nightmare about Obama. I am not a literal dreamer so I was surprised when I dreamed that Obama was at my home looking through my kitchen and he saw some kind of literature that was "unacceptable". He said something like "What's this?" and then there was a loud noise and the whole scene went from color to that sepia-tone. Then I woke up. I know, wierd, but I have been pretty overwhelmed at his election, mainly because of his pro-abortion agenda and socialist tendencies. On the flip side I guess I will just have to rely more heavily upon my Heavenly Father to make a stand for what is right. I have been thinking about getting more involved in the abortion fight for awhile now. So the time for hoping that others will do the dirty work is over. Also, I can honestly say I am pleased that a black man has won the election because there has been a whole portion of the people that have felt unrepresented and it must be very exciting for them to have won such a big race. I don't know that I believe all those that voted for him really are on board for the policies that he espouses, but as one who has felt disenfranchised for some time, I am glad that they have that victory to inspire them. So maybe the world isn't ending.
I also had a nightmare about fish. I was thinking about getting Eve a fish tank for Christmas, a small one. In my dream I had this gigantic tank, like the size of a small car. I was trying to introduce new fish and get the water right so they wouldn't all die. Then I realized the fish might not be compatible with each other and I had forgotten to buy food for them. It also included a giant fish getting in my mouth somehow and the usual evil intruders trying to get into my house and harm my family. So I don't want to go back to bed. It probably has something to do with the Excedrin Chris gave me before I went to bed because of my migraine.
On a really postive note, my mom was running for re-election for the school governing board here, and so far she is leading in the polls. Yay Mom! She totally deserves it since she works really hard to make sure the children of the district are protected and well-served. She spent all day at the polls talking to voters and she was wearing heels the whole time! I am really proud of her.
So maybe now that I have emptied my head for the most part I can go to sleep. Actually I could go on a little bit about Obama, but I am choosing not to be a poor loser. Heavenly Father is in charge and there must be opposition in all things. I have been reading excerpts from many women's biographies and lately many have been about women in war-torn countries under the rule of communism and fascism. I am also reading in the Book of Mormon where the Nephites are starting the cycle of pride all over again. I have a testimony that teaching the gospel will have a greater effect on men's hearts than any other method of persuasion. So everything is going to be ok. Ok, good night.
3 comments:
You are so balanced and wise...and fair. I love you. Ewww, on the fish in your mouth.
Those are pretty much my exact feelings...well at least the ones about Obama. So you think Obama is a wizard too?!? Just joking, that’s just the first thing I thought of when I read about the loud noise and everything turning sepia.
You made Marcus look at me funny when I read the bit about the fish. I started to choked on my toothpaste (and (shhh!) dribbled a bit on the computer table).
Katie where did you go?!? I need updates!
Post a Comment