12/4/08

I Have Returned!

So here I am again. It has been awhile (I'm very sorry Megan!). Things have been a little hectic around here. Chris was laid off very unexpectedly and was unemployed for about six weeks. And I learned that when several things hit me at once, I am not very good at handling stress. But I am starting to come out of the fog that was settled around my head. Chris is now teaching, which is what he always wanted to do anyway. I just couldn't quite handle the way stressful and no money part of the job the last time we tried it. But I guess I got over that. He just started school again for his masters and now we have a real plan in place. It's better than Afghanistan, that's for darn sure.
So, what's been going on? Thanksgiving was great. We spent the day with my family and I finally saw some of Chris' skills on the guitar (thanks to Rock Band the video game, though he prefers Guitar Hero). My kids were the only little ones there which was weird because that side of the family used to be almost nothing but little kids. But Eve and Satchel had a ball, playing with the dogs and running all over.
Not much else has been going on, day-to-day wise. I have been reading a lot lately. Just today I skipped the gym because I had a headache (for real) and I spent the day on the couch reading and playing or cuddling with my kids. They played so well today that I was in a good enough mood to restart the whole potty training thing with Eve. It went ok. Everyone loves flushing the toilet, I may never have to do it myself again.
I really felt grateful today that I am able to be home with my kids. I am thankful that I live in a safe country and neighborhood and when I want to, I can just lounge around and be with my kids. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

M Evans said...

Ahhh that’s better, I love what you have done with the place! That picture of you and Chris is perfect! Did you guys get family pictures taken? Soooo thanks for my updates on Goodreads, Im think you know who has been on the receiving end of my mental Kung foo... :) Im sure Im not the only one to deliver either. Other than that, just random rude customers at work back in the day. Let’s go eat, im starving to death on this LOW fat diet! (I actually cheated and ate cheetos today and now im paying for it *ugh*) What days are good for you?
Love,
Megan


Why didn’t I just write you an email? Their wouldn’t have been as much hedging...