2/5/09

Living Legends


Tonight I saw BYU's "Living Legends" with my Aunt Annette, her boys, and my grandma. It was so wonderful and uplifting. (Thanks Annette!) It was a dance presentation telling the story of the ancient inhabitants of the Americas and Pacific Islands. I really had such a sweet feeling the whole time. I really find a lot of Heavenly Father in those kinds of productions and activities. Truth is truth wether it be in word, music, math, imagery, or nature. My favorite performance was the Polynesian wedding dance. It was romantic and sweet and it makes me feel hopeful as I face divorce. At the end the performers sang "I Am a Child of God" and shared a testimony of walking tall before God. I was choking up because I realized that now that I am walking away from my (in many ways) abusive marriage, I am free to choose the better part. I feel the Spirit more freely in my home. I now have the opportunity to make the gospel the full focus of my family. And Eve would be the best little hula dancer, or even a mariachi girl! I am excited for the next phase of my life. I just have to get through some messy and scary times, but I know Heavenly Father will take care of me.

7 comments:

As Told By Molly said...

Hi Katie,
I saw this same preformance on Tuesday night. Wasn't it the best?

M Evans said...

I can totally see Eve in a grass skirt! *sigh* let's go to Hawaii some day okay?

Susan said...

Don't you know that you aren't allowed to make me cry. I love you Kate.

As Told By Molly said...

I didn't see the message you left till now...Yes! I totally remember you and Clar went to the prom. It is such a small world.

Tiffany Matthews said...

I am so jealous that you got to see that show I really wanted to see it. I saw your pictures on your facebook and your blog of your oldest little girl she has gotten so big since the last time I saw you. Your girls are so cute.

Nettie said...

I LOVED that night. It was such a touching experience as they sang I Am a Child of God. I loved what you said about truth being truth, whether it be in principle or how many breaths you've taken. I love that concept. It was impossible not to feel the Spirit there. I 'm so glad you went with me. I love you, Kate.

Meredith Ferrin said...

Hey girl! I hope everything is going okay for you...I think about you often. I guess your mom is in my SIL's ward? She was telling me something about you singing and the AMAZING voice you have! Your kids are adorable also!